Chair: Therese Walden
Members: Brenna Carroll, Jason Galster
Charge: The Executive Committee shall provide oversight and management of Board activities and shall act on behalf of the Board to ensure the vitality and continuity of the AAAF between Board meetings.
Responsibilities: Develop long- and short-range goals for the Foundation and oversee and manage Board activities.
- Liaison with board committees to support their functions
- Propose strategic initiatives
- Ensure financial success through active budget and fundraising oversight
- Represent the Board at appropriate venues
Chair: Jason Galster
Members: Brenna Carroll, Therese Walden
Charge: The principal objective of the Finance Committee is to obtain a high level of return on Foundation investments at an acceptable level of risk. To that end, the Finance Committee will recommend a policy for investment of Foundation funds and monitor the performance of all investments.
Responsibilities: Develop investment objectives, recommend investment policy, meet with managers of fund, monitor performance of funds, and develop, oversee, and monitor budgets and financial activities in collaboration with AAA staff.
- Develop investment policies for Board approval
- Monitor performance of current investments and fund manager
- Review and monitor monthly financial statements
Chair: Brenna Carroll
Members: Kristiina Huckabay, Georgine Ray, Elizabeth Thompson
Charge: The primary responsibility of the Development Committee is to determine fundraising goals on an annual basis and develop a plan/strategy to meet goals. The Committee shall present the plan to the Board for approval in conjunction with the budget on an annual basis. This plan shall encompass goals and strategies for Academy members, industry, and other corporate and organizational giving. In addition, the Committee will monitor the progress of fundraising throughout the year to ensure adequate revenue is generated.
Responsibilities: Develop annual fundraising plan and strategies and oversee implementation of fundraising programs.
- Develop annual campaign strategy
- Oversee execution of annual campaign
- Determine budget for annual campaign
- Solicit gifts from peers and corporate associates
- Develop donor recognition and acknowledgment programs
Co-Chairs: Kristiina Huckabay, Bopanna Ballachanda
Members: Patrick Feeney, Eileen Rall, Elizabeth Thompson
Responsibilities: Plan the special events, fundraisers, and other activities associated with the annual AudiologyNOW!® convention.
Charge: Plan, develop, organize, and implement all AAAF convention activities including, but not limited to: an evening cocktail event, annual donor appreciation recognition, research awards recognition event, silent auction, and AAAF booth. The purpose of all AAAF activities held during the Annual Convention is to promote the Foundation and the programs it funds, increase awareness of fundraising goals and opportunities, and generate fundraising revenue for Foundation activities.
Co-Chairs: Kimberly Barry, David Zapala
Members: Jason Galster, Alison Grimes
Charge: The Communications Committee shall develop Web-based and printed materials to promote the Foundation's mission and encourage annual giving. The Committee shall also develop and produce the Foundation promotional and informational articles, advertisements, and other materials that appear in Audiology Today, on the Foundation and Academy Web sites, and in other hearing industry publications.
- Develop communication materials for fundraising campaigns
- Develop materials for dissemination regarding Foundation activities in print and electronic media (e.g. Web site, e-mail announcements, etc.)
- Identify and develop communication tools and resources to improve awareness of Foundation
- Develop campaign communication materials to increase ease of making donations
Co-Chairs: Alison Grimes, Georgine Ray
Members: Pamela Fiebig, Bopanna Ballachanda
Charge: Solicit nominations for positions on the Foundation Board of Trustees, review candidate qualifications and determine willingness to serve, prepare slate for Academy Board approval, and handle all communications between Foundation Board, Academy Board, and Trustee candidates.
- Develop Board of Trustee job description
- Develop qualifications for trustees
- Prepare a slate of potential trustees and determine their willingness to serve on the Board
- Inform candidates of responsibilities and expectations of the position and provide them with a job description
- Have an available pool of potential candidates to fill unexpected Board vacancies
- Prepare a slate of candidates for presentation to the Academy Board for approval
Educational Grants Review Committee
Co-Chairs: Pamela Fiebig, Eileen Rall
Members: Patrick Feeney, David Zapala
Charge: The responsibilities of this committee are to (1) review and approve student applications for educational/academic grants and awards and (2) develop and modify criteria, applications, timelines, and procedures for educational/academic grants and awards.
Liaison from Academy Board – Erin Miller
Liaison to Academy Audit Committee –
Liaison to Academy Research Committee -
Liaison to Student Academy of Audiology –
Representative from Student Academy of Audiology – Anna Marie Jilla