Experience the Magic at AudiologyNOW! 2014
It’s hard to believe that AudiologyNOW! 2014 is just a few weeks away! The SAA AudiologyNOW! 2014 Programs Committee has been hard at work developing and organizing events for the conference. From the SAA Expo Hall Student Scavenger Hunt and Making the Most of Your Conference Experience – Student Edition!, to the renowned SAA Mix-N-Mingle and the diverse Student Educational Sessions, there really is something for everyone at AudiologyNOW!.
- SAA Central SAA Central is back and better than ever! Stop by to get more information about the SAA, check out SAA chapter t-shirts and vote in the Chapter T-Shirt Competition, get some extra information at the SAA Humanitarian Hub, take pictures with friends in the photo booth, or sit down and relax after a long day on your feet.
- SAA Mix-N-Mingle The SAA’s annual reception is a great opportunity to meet and network with students from various audiology programs around the world. Make sure your chapter is represented in the SAA Chapter Slideshow!
- Making the Most of Your Conference Experience – Student Edition! Navigating AudiologyNOW! can feel more overwhelming than your first day of graduate school. The SAA developed a student-focused orientation with tips and tricks in order make the most of the convention experience.
- Student Educational Sessions These student-focused sessions cover a wide variety of topics, including billing and coding, intraoperative monitoring, pediatrics, and cochlear implants. If there is something that you would like to learn more about, chances are there is a Student Educational Session that covers that topic. Regardless of what year you are in your AuD or undergraduate program, there is a session for you!
- Student Externship Panel The final-year externship search can be a stressful process. Come and ask questions to a diverse panel of students composed of third-year students who have secured their final-year externships and current externs approaching graduation. They will be prepared to answer your all of your questions, including the interview process, what they looked for in an externship, and more!
- SAA Advocacy Summit Trying to understand governmental jargon can be frustrating and confusing, but it doesn’t have to be. To help clear the confusion and inspire you to take action, the SAA will host a student-focused Advocacy Summit. You will learn about current legislation and how each of us, individually and together, can and should advocate for our profession.
- The SAA Annual Membership Meeting Each chapter is strongly encouraged to have a designated representative attend. This is a wonderful opportunity to hear what the SAA has accomplished this year and to discover how chapters and national SAA can work together to achieve even more! National SAA will reimburse each chapter that sends a representative $100. Please be aware that this reimbursement goes directly to the SAA chapter, as we are not able to reimburse individual students. Each chapter can designate a representative by sending the representative’s name, respective SAA chapter, and email address to Jennifer Butler by Monday, March 17th.
- The SAA Chapter Representative Meeting At this meeting you will have the opportunity to share social, fundraising, and philanthropic events your chapter has been participating in, meet other chapter representatives, and get some new ideas from other chapters. Attending this meeting will benefit and improve your very own SAA chapter. A chapter may send either their president or representative(s) from their chapter, for a maximum of two students. Please RSVP to this event as well to Jennifer Butler by Monday, March 17th.
These are just some of the student-focused AND student led events going on at AudiologyNOW! The list of reasons to attend AudiologyNOW! 2014 is endless. Come experience all that the SAA has to offer while enjoying all of the MAGIC that Orlando has to offer! The SAA looks forward to seeing you in sunny Orlando March 26 – 29, 2014. “Experience the Magic” with the SAA and its members!